What if I change my mind?

Once you sign a Permanent Surrender, this is a final decision. In the State of Ohio, you cannot sign this document until at least 72 hours after the baby’s birth and only after talking with an Adoption Assessor. It is extremely important to be completely sure about your decision before you sign this document. If you are unsure at all, it is best to sign a Temporary Agreement or to make other arrangements for someone safe and trusted to care for your baby in order to give yourself more time to make a good decision for your baby and for yourself.

If you should decide to parent your child and/or need further assistance, your social worker will provide you with a list of local community resources as requested.

Category: Birth Parent Questions

← What if I change my mind?